Of course finger painting is fun! But, is it educational?
At Kingsgate we know how to learn AND have fun!
- It is an excellent tactile experience.
- It stimulates your child’s senses. (Touch/feel, sight, smell, edible finger paint= taste)
- It helps a child’s intellectual development. The mixing of colors teaches your child about their colors and how to create new colors
- It allows them to use their imagination and create
- It is emotionally soothing (in most cases).
- It encourages cognitive development.
- It strengthens the hand and fingers which helps with fine motor skills.
- Most importantly, it is FUN!
How does finger painting develop children cognitively?
Children will learn more about each color and can begin to classify the names of each color. They will also learn about cause and effect. For example if you mix blue and red you get purple.
Comparing, contrasting, identifying similarities and differences.
Predicting and testing colour change.
Categorising and grouping colours
It all comes down to using practical activities to teach critical thinking!
Kingsgate kids love to paint and they love to learn!!!
CEO and Education Expert, Greg Parry
Internationally renowned for his expertise in education leadership, Greg Parry’s vast experience includes leadership of projects for edu-cation institutions throughout Australia, the Middle East, the United States, India, Indonesia, Malaysia and China. Recognised for his numerous contributions in the education arena, Greg has received the Ministers Award for Excellence in School Leadership based on improvements in school performance and a range of successful principal training and leadership development programs, as well as the School of Excellence Award for Industry/School Partnerships and the School of Excellence Award for Technology Innovation. His company GSE (Global Services in Education) has been recognised as having the Best Global Brand in International Education 2015 and 2016.
Considered one of the premier experts in his profession, Greg has trained teachers and principals throughout the world in areas such as critical thinking, language development and leadership. His expertise in school start up projects, leadership and curriculum development, has made him a sought after authority in these disciplines.
www.gsineducation.com | www.kingsgate.edu.my | @KingsgateInternationalSchool